Monday, March 5, 2012

The Chunkster Challenge



Another 2012 Reading Challenge I plan to participate in: the 2012 Chunkster Challenge. I really like the name of this challenge.

I recently realized that the book I am currently reading would count in this challenge, so why not go for more long books?

I will be signing up for the Chubby Chunkster level (4 BOOKS).


 
Each book has to be 450 pages or more in length and must be adult literature. I guess that rules out the last Harry Potter book that I hope to read some day, but I have plenty of other books on my shelves (or in stacks) of that length that I want to read this year anyway.

No audio books or e-books (some exceptions) but I have never read either, so not a problem for me.

Some possibilities, according to my book cataloging system:
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
The Alienist by Caleb Carr
Blackout by Connie Willis
A Carrion Death by Michael Stanley
A Small Death in Lisbon by Robert Wilson

The last two are barely over 450 and I would like to include a non-fiction book, but we will see.

My choices... reviews will be linked when written
  1. Winter by Len Deighton (571 pages)
  2. A Small Death in Lisbon by Robert Wilson
  3. The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo
  4. The Coming of the Third Reich by Richard J. Evans

1 comment:

Vasilly said...

Thanks for signing up for the challenge! I've read positive things about The Time Traveler's Wife and Blackout. Happy reading!