Sunday, March 4, 2012

European Reading Challenge


This is the 6th reading challenge I have entered since February 26th. Many will overlap, but this one does pose some additional challenges.



Organized by: Rose City Reader
From January 1st 2012 to January 31st 2013
Goal: To read books by European authors or books set in European countries. The books can be fiction or non-fiction. However, each book must be by a different author and set in a different country.




I am joining at the Five Star (Deluxe Entourage) level: Read at least five books by different European authors or books set in different European countries.

I am currently reading a book set in Germany, and I am listing others I hope to read this year.

Winter by Len Deighton (Germany)
The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo (Norway)
The Preacher by Camilla Lackberg (Sweden)
Murder In Belleville by Cara Black (France)
The Company of Strangers by Robert Wilson (Portugal)

Actual books read and reviewed:
Winter by Len Deighton (Germany)
The Company of Strangers by Robert Wilson (Portugal)
The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo (Norway)
Dying Light by Stuart MacBride (Scotland, UK)
The Guards by Ken Bruen (Ireland)
The Light of Day by Eric Ambler (Turkey)
The Information Officer by Mark Mills (Malta)
Death of a Russian Priest by Stuart Kaminsky (Russia)
The Sleeping-Car Murders by Sebastien Japrisot (France) 

3 comments:

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

Welcome to the European Reading Challenge! Thanks for signing up.

I am reading Murder in Belleville RIGHT NOW. What are the chances?

I am signing up as a follower as well. I am glad to find your blog. Like you, I am a big fan of traditional mysteries, so I look forward to reading your reviews and other posts.

Rose City Reader

TracyK said...

Rose City Reader: Thanks so much for your comments (here and at the previous post). Being new to Blogger and blogging, don't know much about following but I have been reading and enjoying your blog for a while.

I just looked at your list of Venice books and realized that I could have added Dressed for Death by Donna Leon to the European Reading Challenge, since it is the next book I want to read in that series.

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

Congratulations on finishing the challenge and for reviewing all your books! There is a Wrap Up page available now if you want to add a link to this post.