Sunday, July 1, 2012

Best Crime Fiction 2012 (midyear review)


Kerrie at Mysteries in Paradise has called for lists of best crime fiction reads in 2012, to this point in the year.  As I have been doing end-of-quarter summary posts for crime fiction reading, this was fairly easy. As luck would have it, I have been very impressed with many of the books I have read, as I don't read as many books per week or month as a lot of other bloggers.

This is my list...
  1. The Cambridge Theorem (1989) by Tony Cape 
  2. Believing the Lie (2012) by Elizabeth George
  3. Berlin Game (1983) by Len Deighton
  4. The Company of Strangers (2001) by Robert Wilson
  5. Bluffing Mr. Churchill (2001) by John Lawton
  6. The Redbreast (2006) by Jo Nesbo
  7. In the Woods (2007) by Tana French
  8. The Guards (2001) by Ken Bruen 
  9. An Empty Death (2009) by Laura Wilson
  10. The Information Officer (2009) by Mark Mills
For this list, I stuck with books that were not re-reads. I also read Fer-de-Lance by Rex Stout in June, and that is my favorite mystery of all time, by my top mystery author.  So that could be included.

1 comment:

Kerrie said...

Thanks for participating Tracy. The lists are usually very interesting.