2013 52 Books in 52 Weeks
Another challenge: The goal is to read one book (at least) a week for 52 weeks. Make the year easy and casual or kick it up by exploring new to you authors and genres. Challenge yourself to read at least some classics or delve into that chunkster (more than 500 pages) you always wanted to tackle. The goal is to read 52 books. How you get there is up to you.
This is the fifth year that this challenge has been running. I considered it last year but I had just started blogging and did not want to push myself at that point. Now I think it would be fun.
Description of mini-challenges and rules are HERE. Sign up post is HERE.
I am just going for the basics right now. Attempt to read a book a week and blog about it. There is one new challenge I may aim at: a 5/5/5 challenge. Read 5 books in 5 Categories and/or 5 Genres. I already plan to read some science fiction and fantasies, maybe there are other genres I can add.
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013.
- Our book weeks begin on Sunday.
- Participants may join at any time.
- All books are acceptable except children books.
- All forms of books are acceptable including e-books, audio books, etc.
- Re-reads are acceptable as long as they are read after January 1, 2013.
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- Create an entry post linking to this blog.
- Sign up with Mr. Linky in the "I'm participating post" below this post.
- You don't need a blog to participate. Post your weekly book in the comments section of each weekly post.
- Mr. Linky will be added to the bottom of the weekly post to link to reviews of your most current reads.