These are the basic rules:
* Read nine books in the following categories.
1. A book with "Blue" or any shade of Blue (Turquoise, Aquamarine, Navy, etc) in the title.
2. A book with "Red" or any shade of Red (Scarlet, Crimson, Burgundy, etc) in the title.3. A book with "Yellow" or any shade of Yellow (Gold, Lemon, Maize, etc.) in the title.
4. A book with "Green" or any shade of Green (Emerald, Lime, Jade, etc) in the title.5. A book with "Brown" or any shade of Brown (Tan, Chocolate, Beige, etc) in the title.
6. A book with "Black" or any shade of Black (Jet, Ebony, Charcoal, etc) in the title.7. A book with "White" or any shade of White (Ivory, Eggshell, Cream, etc) in the title.
8. A book with any other color in the title (Purple, Orange, Silver, Pink, Magenta, etc.).9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.).
* Any book read from January 1 through December 31, 2013 will count.
* Crossovers with other challenges are fine.
There is more explanation at the sign-up post on Bev's blog.
These are the books I have read for the challenge this year:
Red Planet by Robert A. Heinlein
Devil in a Blue Dress by Walter Mosley
Raven Black by Ann Cleeves
White Nights by Ann Cleeves
The Man in the Brown Suit by Agatha Christie
Green-Eyed Lady by Chuck Greaves
Silver Pigs by Lindsey Davis
A Red Herring Without Mustard by Alan Bradley (yellow)
Here is a list of a few books that I own and have not read that fit the challenge:
Stuart M. Kaminsky: Murder on the Yellow Brick Road
Charles Finch: A Beautiful Blue Death
Michael Connelly: The Black Ice
Alex Dryden: Red To Black
Qiu Xiaolong: Death Of A Red Heroine
Emma Lathen: Green Grow the Dollars
Robin Paige: Death At Gallows Green
Henning Mankell: The White Lioness
Several books by Walter Mosley:A Red DeathWhite ButterflyBlack Betty