Thursday, December 27, 2012

Fall Into Reading 2012: Wrap Up Post

This year I participated in the Fall Into Reading Challenge over at Callapidderdays . I liked this event because it was designed to cover only the three months of fall, and to be a very low pressure challenge. It was a perfect way to plan for the reading for the rest of the year.


My plans for the Fall Into Reading Challenge were overly ambitious, and I did end up only completing some of the books I planned to read. But read some others instead.

At the time, I had seven books left to fill in for the A-Z Reading Challenge, and these are the ones I read this fall. (All links go to my reviews.)

A:  The Affair of the Mutilated Mink by James Anderson
J:  The Judas Sheep by Stuart Pawson
K:  Kindness Goes Unpunished by Craig Johnson
V:  The Vault by Ruth Rendell
X:   XPD by Len Deighton
Y:   The Yiddish Policemen's Union by Michael Chabon
Z:   Zombies of the Gene Pool by Sharon McCrumb

Prior to reading The Vault, I read The Monster in the Box (2009) and A Sight for Sore Eyes (1998) by the same author. Although A Sight for Sore Eyes is not a book in the Inspector Wexford series, The Vault is a sequel to that story. With the completion of those books, I have finished one series for my Finishing a Series Challenge

Zombies of the Gene Pool is a sequel to another book, which I also read in the fall:  Bimbos of the Death Sun by Sharon McCrumb.

For the Kate Martinelli series by Laurie R. King, I read two in the series but did not finish the last two books in the series, as I had hoped:
2. To Play the Fool (1995)
3. With Child (1996)

I am happy to say that I did complete my last book for the Chunkster Challenge:  
The Coming of the Third Reich by Richard J. Evans

I had hoped to read the last book in the Bill Smith, Lydia Chin Series by S. J. Rozan and the last three books in the Bernard Samson Series by Len Deighton. Those did not get read.

During the Fall Into Reading challenge period, I also read these books:
  1. The House Without a Key by Earl Derr Biggers
  2. The Greene Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine
  3. A Touch of Frost by R. D. Wingfield
  4. The Dead Can Tell by Helen Reilly
  5. The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie
  6. A Trace of Smoke by Rebecca Cantrell
  7. The Cape Code Mystery by Phoebe Atwood Taylor
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy - What I like about your list is the variety of books. Perhaps you didn't read everything you'd planned, but I give you so much credit for reading such a wide range of books.

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

I am keeping an eye out for some Len Deighton novels and the Richard J. Evans book. Good going, Tracy!