The Mount TBR Reading Challenge is the second challenge I am joining for 2013 and this one is also hosted by Bev at My Reader's Block. I am already signed up for Bev's Vintage Mystery Reading Challenge, and I plan to join in on the Color Coded Reading Challenge also.
These are the levels and the basic rules:
Challenge Levels:There is more explanation at the sign-up post on Bev's blog.
Pike's Peak: Read 12 books from your TBR pile/s
Mount Blanc: Read 24 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Vancouver: Read 36 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Ararat: Read 48 books from your TBR piles/s
Mt. Kilimanjaro: Read 60 books from your TBR pile/s
El Toro: Read 75 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Everest: Read 100 books from your TBR pile/s
Mount Olympus (Mars): Read 150+ books from your TBR pile/s
And the rules:
*Once you choose your challenge level, you are locked in for at least that many books. If you find that you're on a mountain-climbing roll and want to tackle a taller mountain, then you are certainly welcome to upgrade.
*Challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2013.
*You may sign up anytime from now until November 30th, 2013.
*Books must be owned by you prior to January 1, 2013. No ARCs (none), no library books. No rereads.
I participated in the 2012 challenge and my goal was 25 books. So far this year I have read 49 books from my TBR piles, bookshelves, and boxes.
In 2013, I plan to make my goal to reach Mt. Vancouver (36 books from my TBR pile). I hope to read 72 books in the year and I would like at least half of them to be books to be ones I already owned in 2012. I will track all the books I read below.
January, February, March:
- The Man Who Liked to Look at Himself by K. C. Constantine
- Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie
- Archie Meets Nero Wolfe by Robert Goldsborough
- The Case of the Angry Actress by E. V. Cunningham
- The Smoke by Tony Broadbent
- The Last Houseparty by Peter Dickinson
- Devil in a Blue Dress by Walter Mosley
- The Tourist by Olen Steinhauer
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- More Book Lust by Nancy Pearl
- Forty Words for Sorrow by Giles Blunt
- The Body in the Library by Agatha Christie
- Deadly Appearances by Gail Bowen
- The Nearest Exit by Olen Steinhauer
- A Stone of the Heart by John Brady
- The Stately Home Murder by Catherine Aird
- The Ransom Game by Howard Engel
- Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss
- Murder on the Links by Agatha Christie
- A Fatal Grace by Louise Penny
- Ten Second Staircase by Christopher Fowler
- Silence of the Rain by Luiz Alfredo Garcia-Roza
- Fell Purpose by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles
- Kaleidoscope by J. Robert Janes
- Death Wore White by Jim Kelly
- Daemons Are Forever by Simon R. Green
- The Mugger by Ed McBain
- The Pusher by Ed McBain
- Mind's Eye by Håkan Nesser
- Open Season by Archer Mayor
- The Man in the Brown Suit by Agatha Christie
- Roseanna by Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö
- Blood of the Wicked by Leighton Gage
- Detective Inspector Huss by Helene Tursten
- Murder at Hazelmoor by Agatha Christie
- Seeking Whom He May Devour by Fred Vargas
- The Broken Shore by Peter Temple
- Vendetta by Michael Dibdin
- The Mystery of the Blue Train by Agatha Christie
- Raven Black (2006) by Ann Cleeves
- White Nights (2008) by Ann Cleeves
- Dark Star (1991) by Alan Furst
- The Big Sleep (1939) by Raymond Chandler
- Bones and Silence by Reginald Hill