My goal was to read (and review) eight books for two themes, Golden Age Girls (books by a female author) and Cherchez l'Homme (books by a male author). I finished my last vintage mystery for the year in late November. I am glad I joined the challenge because I did need the motivation.
Here is my list of books read, with links to reviews.
Golden Age Girls
- Christianna Brand: Heads You Lose
- Christianna Brand: Green for Danger
- Ngaio Marsh: Night at the Vulcan
- Phoebe Atwood Taylor: The Cape Cod Mystery
- Helen Reilly: Lament for the Bride
- Helen Reilly: The Dead Can Tell
- Agatha Christie: Murder on the Orient Express
- Agatha Christie: The Secret Adversary
- Eric Ambler: A Coffin for Dimitrios
- Akimitsu Takagi: The Tattoo Murder Case
- S. S. Van Dine: The Greene Murder Case
- Earl Derr Biggers: The House Without a Key
- Cyril Hare: With a Bare Bodkin
- Cyril Hare: An English Murder
- Rex Stout: Fer-de-Lance
- Ed McBain: Cop Hater
Phoebe Atwood Taylor, Helen Reilly, Akimitsu Takagi, S. S. Van Dine, Earl Derr Biggers, and Ed McBain were all new authors to me.
I look forward to joining in on the 2013 Vintage Mystery Reading Challenge. I know I will read at least eight vintage mysteries, or I may go as high as sixteen.