Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bink the Cat


My husband wrote this tribute to our cat.
Bink died yesterday at a very ripe age. She always lied about it but we think she was 18. The last two days saw her decline rapidly and - while the vet offered to try and prolong things - we all thought it was time to go.

All hail Bink. Mummy fighter extraordinaire and classy looking dame. Truthfully though, her bathroom habits did leave something to be desired.
I miss Bink terribly. The house has three adults, but seems empty without the Binkster. I am pressuring my husband to open our home to another cat. 

8 comments:

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Tracy, I am sorry about Bink. She was a great looking cat. We have a two-year old stray, one of seven pups born in our compound. We managed to find good homes for six, a near-impossible task in Bombay, and decided to adopt the last. The attachment scares me.

Sarah said...

So sorry to hear about Bink, Tracy. I had 2 cats that lived until 18 and since the last one died, I haven't been able to face getting another one. Whenever I see a black shape out of the corner of my eye, I still think it's the cat, even if it is my handbag.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful cat and a lovely tribute. I'm sorry to hear about your sad news, and I hope that you might be able to show another cat a happy home in the future.

Marie

Katrina said...

I'm so sorry about Bink but it sounds like it was definitely the right thing to do. We are a pet free home, mainly because I still remember the angst when my childhood dog had to be put to sleep, I'm not brave enough to repeat the experience.

Peggy Ann said...

So sorry, Tracy! We lost our Labrador Retreivers last may two weeks apart. It is devastating, like losing a member of our family.

TracyK said...

Thanks to you all for your kind and thoughtful comments.

Carl V. Anderson said...

That is a wonderful tribute and I am so sorry for your loss. It isn't any easier when you know your pet lived a long life. The house is always so off balance with their absence. Hugs and sympathy for you and yours.

Gavin said...

I'm so sorry, Tracy. Our furred friends become so much a part of our lives it is hard when we loose them.