For the 2014 challenge at War Through the Generations, the hosts decided to mix things up a bit. The focus will be on 1 war for 2 months rather than a full or half year. Every two months, they will post a new linky for a new war so everyone can share their review links.
To be clear, you don’t have to read just Gulf War books in January and February, for instance, but any of the books that fit the war categories. You can read books from any of the listed wars during the entire year, then come back and post your reviews in the linky for the designated month. If you are interested in signing up, the sign up page is here.
Here’s the schedule:
- Jan./Feb.: Gulf Wars (Gulf War/Operation Desert Storm and Iraq War/Operation Iraqi Freedom)
- March/April: French and Indian War
- May/June: Korean War
- July/August: WWI (100th Anniversary)
- Sept./Oct.: WWII
- Nov./Dec.: Vietnam War
- Dip Your Toes: Read 1 book for any war
- Novice: Read 1 book per war throughout the year for a total of 6 books on 6 different wars
- Intermediate: Read 2+ books for 1 war, and 1 book for each of the others for a total of 7 books
- Expert: Read 2+ books for each war for a total of 12 books
I frequently read books that are set around World War II and there are several books I have that are set around World War I. I don't mind including other wars if I can find books I want to read on that topic. I know that there are some wars I will not be including, so I will join at the Dip Your Toes level.